Dedicated Customer Teams & Agile Services
Cold Chain Logistics
PACE specializes in time and temperature-sensitive cargo and climate controlled in-transit storage. We are a technology driven company who is raising the standards of security and delivery of critical cargo.
The first step to successfully transporting critical biologics is a packaging solution built around your requirements of space, temperature, regulatory conditions, damage reduction, loading, shipping route, distance, and time parameters. PACE can reconfigure or repackage your freight in a temperature-controlled environment. The PACE team is also trained and qualified to correctly handle ULDs to reduce cost and improve efficiency. All ULD services can be performed in ambient temperatures or in a validated temperature-controlled environment.
- Custom Cold Chain Packaging solutions to meet your unique needs
- Compliant packaging for 2°C to 8°C, 15°C to 25°C and -20°C to -80°C requirements
PACE is also trained and qualified to provide Unit Load Device services. Depending on a customer’s specific needs, the PACE Team can arrange large quantities of cargo to be bundled into a single unit in order to reduce cost and improve efficiency. PACE follows GDP guidelines for pharmaceutical Cold-Chain logistics established by the European Union as well as FDA regulations, administered by the PACE quality team.
These stringent requirements include:
- immediate product storage upon receipt
- validated storage areas
- passive packaging capabilities
- complete tracking of temperature conditions
- secure limited access
- measures to report improper temperature excursions outside of optimal range.
Collectively providing an auditable end-to-end trail of traceability for temperature-sensitive vaccines, biologics and medications.
PACE Air Freight has validated temperature-controlled cold rooms and warehouses at three (3) of our strategically located facilities. We specialize in the transportation and storage of diagnostic and pharmaceutical goods of all kinds and have written SOPs including customized client-specific SOPs for all processes. Our Plainfield, Cincinnati and Chicago facilities offer validated controlled ambient storage with 15℃ to 25℃ cold rooms; refrigerated storage with 2℃ to 8℃ validated refrigeration units; and frozen storage with -15℃ to -25℃ freezers.
Tap into our broad network of warehouses with ambient, refrigerated, and frozen storage to protect critical vaccines and biologics.
- 1,000 square feet of flexible and scalable footprint for cGDP/cGMP compliant storage
- On-demand leased and monitored ULT freezer farms with walk-in storage
- Active and passive storage container options
- Sustainable re-usable transportation packaging
- ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and DDA (formerly VAWD) certifications as relevant
PACE understands the importance and value of how to store biological materials. We specialize in the storage of all types of biological pharmaceutical materials at our state-of-the-art cGMP compliant sample management facilities. The same customer-focused service, which allows industry-leading control and access to critical samples, is available whether you are storing 3 or 30,000,000 samples.
PACE provides comprehensive clinical trials and research material storage solutions. The same cGMP processes and validated equipment are used to provide maximum security and reliability to our clients’ invaluable samples. An electronic inventory system provides unprecedented access and control of customer inventory and allows for simple tools to manage, test results, shipments, and sample destruction in and out of the facility.
PACE Air Freight offers over 111,000 square feet of refrigerated warehouse facilities, for every cold chain solution. We specialize in time and temperature-sensitive cargo and climate-controlled in-transit storage. As the demands on the Pharmaceutical and Bio-Science industries have grown, so have PACE Air Freight’s technology and resources for meeting the demand. Storing and transporting temperature-sensitive materials, under specified thermal conditions, throughout the entire logistics cycle is critical. That is why PACE Air Freight maintains stringent temperature constraints and we never purge our client’s temperature logs. Whether you need refrigerated transport, cold storage warehouse facilities or any services that help regulate the thermal demands of your cargo, PACE Air Freight has the capacity to meet your needs.
Different products require specific temperature, humidity, and lighting conditions. As pharmaceutical companies develop and introduce more biologically based products there is a growing demand for reliable, efficient, and cost-effective temperature-controlled transportation during its global distribution. Chain-of-custody requirements and volume demands increase substantially, so scalability is key—whether managing deliveries across a country or around the world.
Cold Room 15°C to 25°C
Refrigerated 2°C to 8°C
Frozen -15°C to -25°C
Under the Certified Cargo Screening Program, TSA has certified PACE AIR FREIGHT as a cargo screening facility to screen cargo prior to providing it to airlines for shipment on flights. With this program offered at PACE we are able to cut down on wait times at the airport by scanning your cargo on site and delivering directly to the airline.
Every Airport Is Different.
If your destination is within the airport, we apply 3PL operating standards and procedures to implement a customized process to increase efficiency, reduce expenses and enhance security. We provide support to concessionaires, airport authorities, the TSA, airlines and other facility tenants to ensure your packages arrive safely.
We work closely with concessionaire vendors to establish dependable and flexible arrival schedules and generate delivery schedules to plan staffing requirements that avoid wasting resources. However, the expedited delivery of emergency receipt and ready response to unexpected circumstances is always available.
We apply GDP operating standards.
When you’re shipping to or receiving from overseas, PACE Air Freight not only offers the services you need, we give you something equally important: peace of mind. We offer reporting and tracking services so you know where your shipments are at any given time.
Our Air Import and Export Services Include:
- Door-to-Door Services for Any Size, Any Weight, IATA Certified, Hazmat and Perishables
- Web-Based Reporting and Tracking Capabilities
- 24/7 Real-Time Information Access
- Documentation Preparation
- Bonded Carrier to do Customs Entry
- Able to store while awaiting FDA hold, Customs, and other regulatory clearance
- Adhere to FDA, Customs and other regulatory agencies while awaiting clearance
Your Business Is Cleared for Takeoff.
Our Management System (QMS) is designed to safeguard the integrity of your healthcare product via compliant operational processes, validated equipment, and executed by personnel who place quality first.
- One comprehensive QMS is built on global quality standards and deployed across all PACE facilities
- A robust risk management approach integrated into QMS to maintain compliance and drive improvements
- A single global eQMS platform that is validated and 21 CFR Part 11 compliant
- Compliance and operational decisions that are data driven
- cGMP compliant facilities with validated environmental controls
- Quality performance measures, metrics and trends
- Extensive regulatory expertise
- Over 200 cold chain management professionals
Our priority is to avoid delays, endangerment to the materials in transit and disruption to your schedules. PACE’s comprehensive classification process means products are always supplied with the correct declarations, licenses, permits, labeling and customs coding. PACE classifies all materials to guarantee safe and compliant transportation:
- Hazards – for all domestic and international movements
- Government regulatory requirements
- Trade compliance – advising on valuation and customs coding to ensure clearances are smooth and auditable
PACE handles all labeling and paperwork, tailoring documentation to precisely meet the requirements of each shipment. We can complete compliant Pro-forma invoices, air waybill/consignment notes and paperwork to accompany dangerous goods. We also ensure compliance in transit, handling all labeling for your shipment on your behalf.
PACE utilizes customer-specific SOPs to ensure the requirements defined by the manufacturer are maintained throughout the entire Cold-Chain process, even during extreme temperature conditions.